Monday, June 16, 2008

Under the spell of Under the Black light


I am not really sure what about this album became so addictive… Jenny Lewis has the voice of a divine indie goddess and her three accompanying gentlemen strum and drum with their souls fully engaged. The lyrics and harmonies of this album are muy fantasico tambien.

My some of my favorite lyrics:
“Betrayal is a thorny crown
You wear it well
Just like a king
Revenge is the saddest thing
Honey, I’m afraid to say
You deserve everything”- Break’in Up

“I been whored and I been gored
I been less and I been more
But I never thought I’d see you
As I did today
Till the angels hung around” - The Angels Hung Around

“It is a lion's science fiction wings,
Just like a jolly dizzy for zero, one, three times
The size of the people that came before.
Me and you and what we'd do for money” - Dreamworld


My top songs on the album are:

Break’in Up , Silver Lining, The Angels Hung Around, and Under the Blacklight

Actually the whole album is great: preview?

I give it 4 out 4 kitty paws!

No comments: