Saturday, April 21, 2007

Drunk Crows and Stalking Foxiness

So I am currently obsessed with the song Catch Me Up by Gomez. I am not sure if it is the groovable musical styling’s (guitar, bass, keyboards), Ben Ottewell’s incredibly unique sexy voice, or if it is the hopelessly romantic lyrics.

What could be cuter then “I am but a fool for you, that's right”? Not a whole heck of a lot except possibly “You know I want to please you”. Shoot me over the moon!

This man’s voice is incredible, their musicianship is incredible, and their lyrics are incredible!

…Now on to the creativeness of the music video.

Not really too much of a love song is it? Or is it?

I really like how the song and the video disconnect. It is not a true disconnect in the sense that the Little Crow guy is pining after the Fox and the Fox is in return chasing him around so there is a bit of the cat and mouse, crushing, lovie dovie thing going on in there, which does make it somewhat of a love song video. But she eats him alive in the end! IS that what lust is all about? Is that what love songs are all about? Is that what love song videos are all about? Does it always eat you alive?

Deliberate on this: Does love eat you alive? That was my very first reaction upon viewing this cute cartoon. Is that the message that those UK boys were conveying? For some reason I think that is a lot more to it then that, at this point I am not ready to answer these obscure questions. I need to mull this one over for a while.

Moral of the Story and Tip of the Day: If you are a little crow guy and she is a sexy fox watch out, she might just eat you alive. Proceed with caution.

No comments: