Friday, April 6, 2007

Creation of Personality

Surveys are interesting. I think they can convey a lot about a persons personality. You can tell whether or not a person is flirty, clever, honest, sarcastic, overly sexual or just a plain asshole by their style and tone of their responses. I feel that these are all masks that people put on as a way to depersonalize themselves on the internet super highway of life. Or is it the internet super highway that is depersonalizing us? I think we all have a certain persona, and sometimes we cannot express that in real life. Real life is far too judgmental at times, especially if we are not yet comfortable with ourselves, or feel that everyone is just not comfortable with the real us. I suppose at times it may be easier to take on another personality. If I recall isn’t the conjuring of another personality often called disassociative identity disorder…hummm interesting.

I already know that I try to be really sarcastic in my surveys…but I try to be sarcastic in an honest way. I speak the truth, but I present it in a sarcastic way. Ponder what that means about my personality? I think it means that I have no problem with honesty, but I don’t want my honesty to make me look like a vulnerable fool. I think I add the element of sarcasm to my surveys to save my precious, precious ego. ::Interesting insight to Miss Murphy:: Now I am wondering if everyone who fills out surveys does the “safe ego” approach.

My suspicion is yes, the better majority of people do take on take some persona when it is survey time. I can say yes because I know quite a few goofs whose surveys I read very frequently and they are definitely not who they appear to be in the surveys. I also have one friend who answers them as though he were speaking directly to you. He is very blunt in person and very frank in his responses; he does not lay on the persona.

Overall, I find this to be a very interesting topic. Probably because we are talking about personalities! And I am a freak for personalities, especially atypical ones. Maybe I am just being over analytical, maybe people just have fun creating responses on surveys and this is not as highly interesting as I am currently finding it to be? Meh, who knows? I am not an expert.

Sexy thought of the day: Instead of asking someone “what is your sign” you should ask, “what is your survey persona”. So Sexy!

1 comment:

Greg "Danger" Klein said...

I think you just blew my mind, Miss Murphy. Good stuff.

But I don't need a survery to tell me I'm Batman. I know I already am.