Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Latest Girl Crush


My ladylove sold out on me. If you know me then you know who I am talking about. If you don’t know me then you probably think I am a lesbian right about now. Liz Phair. ‘How could she do this to me’, is something that I have been spouting since the release of her self-titled album in 2003. It was definitely not her best work. I figured by her next album she would pull out her guns and get back to her roots of kicking some major feminist ass. However, that was just not the case. Her 2005 album “Somebody’s Miracle” was in my opinion the ultimate sell out and thus the end of our love affair.
Well Miss Phair I have found a new ladylove. It was hard, but I can now say I am over you and on to someone new. Through my journey of healing I have sampled the flavors of very palatable young ladies: Jenny Owen Youngs, Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sarah, Regina Spektor, and The Heartless Bastards . All of these ladies are incredibly talented! However, there is one particular lady that has stopped me in my tracks much like you did when I heard Supernova at the delicate age of twelve. Her name is Leslie Feist and she stopped me in my tracks with the song 1234. She has performed with Peaches as well as with the BSS. I think that Feist will be my new Indie Goddess at least for the time being.

No comments: